All posts by Chris Gorman
- Staff Holiday advice
Don’t leave staff holiday calculations until the last minute, Forum urges small firms The Forum of Private Business is calling on smaller companies to work out their employees’ holiday entitlements now in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises...
- Posted November 13, 2010
- Big business immigration loophole would be unfair on small firms, Forum warns.
Possible plans to allow multi-national companies to bypass immigration laws would be hugely unfair on smaller firms, it has been warned. The Forum of Private Business believes potential government proposals to exempt intra-company transfers from its forthcoming...
- Posted November 5, 2010
- Small firms offered free business facilities through Forum membership
Small firms can now get free access to 1,000 business lounges around the world through membership of a not-for-profit lobby and support group.
- Posted July 21, 2010
- Small business support group welcomes key Budget victories for SMEs
Small business support group the Forum of Private Business has welcomed a number of key victories for SMEs in today’s Budget.
- Posted June 23, 2010
- Almost 80% of North West small firms support deficit reduction, survey finds
More than three quarters of the North West’s smaller businesses support rapid moves to pay off the national debt, a new survey has found.
- Posted June 11, 2010
- Small firms can show Whitehall how to do more with less, says Forum
Government departments could learn from SMEs when trying to manage shrinking budgets, according to the Forum of Private Business.
- Posted May 24, 2010
- Forum reacts to release of full coalition agreement
The Forum of Private Business has reacted to the publication of the full coalition agreement between the Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties.
- Posted May 20, 2010
- Debt reduction plans backed by three quarters of small firms, survey finds
More than three quarters of small firms back moves to tackle Britain’s record deficit, a new Forum of Private Business survey has found.
- Posted May 18, 2010
- Business group welcomes new PM and imminent Tory/Lib Dem coalition
The Forum of Private Business has given a cautious welcome to the appointment of the new Prime Minister, David Cameron, and his stated intention to form a coalition government between his party and the Liberal Democrats.
- Posted May 12, 2010
- Small firms urgently need post-election certainty, warns business group
The Forum of Private Business has commented on the high likelihood of a hung Parliament.
- Posted May 7, 2010