All posts by Phil McCabe
- Restore Trust in Banks says Forum
Restore trust in banks and give alternative funders a chance, says Forum following new SME lending figures The Forum of Private Business is responding to the release of the first quarterly finance monitor commissioned by the British...
- Posted July 11, 2011
- Pioneering partnership takes business networking to a higher level
The Forum of Private Business and Business Scene have joined forces to create a new kind of event bringing together networking opportunities and a range of support services to help small businesses develop and grow. As part...
- Posted June 21, 2011
- Forum calls for ‘multiplier fines’ and warns of concerns for smaller subcontractors
Ombudsman must have power to fine supermarkets which breach new suppliers’ code of conduct, says business group The Forum of Private Business is calling on the Government to give a new supermarket ombudsman the power to fine...
- Posted June 13, 2011
- Bring back traditional bank managers and increase competition
Says business group in the wake of Project Merlin’s poor lending figures The Forum of Private Business is responding to the announcement that the UK’s major banks are more than £2 billion short of hitting their small...
- Posted May 23, 2011
- Business group responds to new work experience scheme for young unemployed ahead of meeting
The Forum of Private Business is cautiously welcoming a government initiative to expand work experience for young unemployed people – but warning more needs to be done to review the quality of training they receive and free...
- Posted January 25, 2011
- Firms advised proper book keeping is essential to avoid £3,000 fine
Small businesses say HMRC should get its own house in order following reports of poor service The Forum of Private Business is warning small firms to keep proper financial records or face fines in excess of £3,000....
- Posted January 13, 2011
- Government must not exclude small firms from job creation plans, says business group
Small firms – which are the UK’s biggest employers – should be central to discussions on job growth, warns small business group following Prime Minister’s ‘jobs summit’ with big companies The Forum of Private Business is urging...
- Posted January 12, 2011
- Emergency Budget: the response from small businesses
Almost half the small businesses surveyed by the Forum of Private Business are pleasantly surprised by the Budget but some fear tax rises and other concerns could lead to a double dip recession.
- Posted June 28, 2010
- Budget’s deficit reduction policies should go easy on small firms, says business group
The coalition government’s new Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) has today downgraded the UK’s economic growth forecast.
- Posted June 15, 2010
- Rising costs and fears of tax hikes hitting small business confidence ahead of Budget
With the ‘emergency’ Budget less than two weeks away, and rising costs fears over potentially damaging tax hikes are denting the confidence of small businesses, according to the latest Economy Watch survey from the Forum of Private...
- Posted June 10, 2010