- Forum study suggests unemployment figures unlikely to improve in 2013Posted 16 days ago
- Bruntwood’s Booths Park continues to attract global businessesPosted 103 days ago
- Knutsford firm celebrates 10th anniversary and expansion.Posted 123 days ago
- IFE Services becomes TAM Airlines’ new in-flight entertainment providerPosted 131 days ago
- The Pudding club’s official opening.Posted 142 days ago
POLICE WARNING: Danger to aircraft
This is occurring whilst the flights are on final approach to both airports. The effect the laser light causes is a “green out” effect on the windshield of the flight-deck. The pilots can be temporarily blinded by such actions lasting from seconds to minutes; whilst only a minute or two from landing. A number of these incidents have been carried out from locations within Knutsford and the consequences could be catastrophic.
As a team it is our responsibility to investigate all such incidents but as you can appreciate one that is very difficult to detect. These pens are the type primarily used for projector screens but obviously when in the wrong hands are being used for this type of behaviour.
I have made similar appeals through schools for any information and to date one has been seized one from an (adult) resident within the town centre but I am mindful that there are more out there. Please can you encourage any one with information to make contact whether it be anonymously or direct to ourselves.
The dedicated line for contacting Knutsford NPT staff is 0845 458 6380. Your call will be responded to within 24 hours if not answered at the time or alternatively contact by email - firstname.lastname@example.org