- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
On the Bank Holiday afternoon of Monday 30th May 2011, officers were called to a report of an insecure load on Rostherne Lane, Rostherne, Knutsford.
A Portuguese lorry driver had got lost trying to find Bolton, Lancs and had found himself on the narrow lane. Upon applying the breaks of his lorry his load of Spanish marble became insecure and shifted inside the lorry leaving it in a dangerous position.
The road was closed for several hours whilst attempts were made to make the load safe using winches and cranes. Local residents provided refreshments to all involved in the operation. The lorry was impounded overnight in order that it was weighed to establish whether it was carrying the correct weight and was not overloaded. Enquiries are on going by the Roads Policing Unit.