- Forum study suggests unemployment figures unlikely to improve in 2013Posted 13 days ago
- Bruntwood’s Booths Park continues to attract global businessesPosted 101 days ago
- Knutsford firm celebrates 10th anniversary and expansion.Posted 120 days ago
- IFE Services becomes TAM Airlines’ new in-flight entertainment providerPosted 129 days ago
- The Pudding club’s official opening.Posted 139 days ago
Police seek cyclist
Police are appealing for a cyclist who may have witnessed a serious collision in Mobberley to get in touch with them.
At 16.10 hrs on Tuesday 10 January 2012 a serious injury collision occurred on Burleyhurst Lane, Mobberley. The circumstances are that a blue Ford Fiesta was travelling along Burleyhurst Lane in the direction of Mobberley when it was overtaken by a Black Porsche Cayenne. The two vehicles collided and the Fiesta left the road to its nearside before hitting a tree and consequently overturning.
As a result of the collision the driver of the Ford Fiesta 53 year old male from Cheshire received serious for which he is being treated at Wythenshaw Hospital.
It is believed that both vehicles overtook a single cyclist, also travelling towards Mobberley, just prior to the collision. The rider of the bicycle was not traced at the time, however Cheshire Police would be grateful if the cyclist would get in touch to help with enquiries.
A 66 year old man from Siddington was arrested at the scene and reelased on police bail. Eastern Operational Support Unit are also currently seeking witnesses to the collision itself or if you can help with any circumstances that may have led up to it, please contact the Eastern Traffic Management Unit on 101.