- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Police appeal for information following Tatton Park theft
Cheshire Police are seeking more information after two large mill stones were stolen from Tatton Park.
The incident occurred over the weekend of 27th to 28th January 2018.
The stones – also known as quern stones – were first used in the Neolithic era to grind flour and are generally use in pairs.
There is an online market for the stones, selling between £50 to £1,000 depending on their size and age.
The Tatton Park stones that have been stolen were used as part of educational tours.
Cheshire Police have asked anyone with information or who may have been offered the stones to contact them on 101 quoting incident 101 of 30/01/2018.