- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Knutsford Town Council seeks nominations for community awards
Knutsford residents are being invited to nominate their community heroes to receive recognition.
The Town Awards is a celebration of community and voluntary work in the town and will be presented to local people at the town meeting in April.
The awards will also be recognising businesses that engage with the community and young people who are giving back to the community.
The event will be sponsored by the Forum of Private Business for the fourth year since the launch of the awards.
Forum managing director Ian Cass said: “The Forum of Private Business is delighted to be sponsoring the town awards this year. Knutsford has a great sense of community and businesses in the town make up a valued and very active part of this community.The surrounding local businesses always sponsor, support and contribute towards many local events and initiatives, so the Forum is very proud to count itself part of this local community and to sponsor the awards which recognise and reward these contributions.”
The four award categories are as follows:
- The Civic Award – for an individual who has given their time to the community
- The Business Award – for a local business who has worked to engage and contribute with the company
- The Youth Award – recognises young people under 21
- The Community Award will recognise work in the community
Nominations can be made online at www.knutsfordtowncouncil.gov.uk/community/town-awards by the 25th March. Nominations can also be made at the Welcome Cafe and in the marketg,
A panel of representatives from the Town Council will choose the winners.