Firefighters called to chimney fire in Knutsford
Firefighters were called to a chimney fire at an address in Birch Grove Knutsford yesterday morning.
One fire engine from Knutsford attended the blaze and the crew used chimney rods to put out the fire before using a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots in the chimney stack.
A representative from Knutsford Fire Service said on Twitter: “Cheshire firefighters deal with approximately 100 chimney fires in Cheshire every year. Regular inspection and cleaning of chimney flues will help prevent fires within chimneys.”
For more information about Cheshire Fire and Recur Service visit www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/