Annual Taste Cheshire Awards sees success for local area
The winners of the annual Taste Cheshire Awards have been announced with businesses across Cheshire East receiving accolades at the event.
Over 40,000 votes were cast by people in Cheshire, which saw those shortlisted getting a visit from mystery diners and industry experts.
The winners from the local area announced in front of 350 guests from the hospitality industry at the event at Chester Racecourse:
- Best Use of Local Produce in a Menu; Silver – George and Dragon, Holmes Chapel
- Best Sandwich Shop – Gold – Bloom, Nantwich
- Best Newcomer – Bronze – Tap and Pantry, The Stanneylands; Gold – Deadwood Smokehouse, Nantwich
- Local Produce Shop – Bronze – Cheerbrook Farm Shop, Nantwich; Gold – The Hollies Farm Shop, Little Budworth
- 2018 Festival Sausage Competition – Plain Pork Sausage – Winner – Cheerbrook Farm Shop, Nantwich
- Family Friendly Venue – Bronze – The Lambing Shed, Knutsford; Gold – The Fishpool Inn, Northwich.
- Excellence in Customer Care – Bronze – George and Dragon, Holmes Chapel
- Outstanding Achievement – Winner – The Hollies Farm Shop, Little Budworth
Taste Cheshire general manager and Food and Drink Festival organiser, Briony Wilson said: “The industry gets so little time to get together and celebrate what an amazing job they all do representing Cheshire to the millions of visitors we have to the county every year. All of our nominees have had a wonderful 2017 and our winners at each level have excelled at the very top of their game. It is a privilege for us to be able to celebrate their achievements with them.”
Taste Cheshire owner Stephen Wundke said: “Our annual awards have been running for 18 years and by staging these just after the Food and Drink Festival we bring a huge focus across the UK onto Cheshire and its food and drink Industry. This was a superb night and we are already planning how we can introduce more categories for 2019 to encourage even more people into the industry.”
Find out more at tastecheshire.com