Changes to Knutsford bus services next month
Further changes to bus services in Cheshire East are to take place next month.
The changes are to commercial bus services which are not subsidised by the council. Operator D&G Buses has decided there are too few passengers to make services, or parts of some services, economically viable.
The main changes will affect the following bus services:
- 12 Shavington – Leighton Hospital (Sundayonly change). The 12 service will be withdrawn on Sundays. The weekday andSaturday service is not affected. Services 3, 38 and 84 continue to provide services within Crewe on Sundays;
- 78 Nantwich – Leighton Hospital. This service will be withdrawn. Alternative services are available using services 8, 42, 84 and 85, which cover parts of the 78 route;
- 87 Knutsford – Lilac Avenue – Tabley Road. This service will be withdrawn. Passengers are advised to use the 47 (Knutsford to Warrington) or 89 (Knutsford to Northwich) services instead; and
- 88A Knutsford – Wilmslow Colshaw Farm. This service will be withdrawn. Passengers between Knutsford and Wilmslow are advised to use the 88 service instead, which will be diverted via Longridge along the present 88A route. Passengers between Wilmslow and Colshaw Farm are advised to use the Arriva 130 service.
In addition, smaller changes will also take place to the following services:
- 5, 6 Macclesfield – Upton Priory(Sundayonly change). All Sunday services will now operate via the service 5 route with some minor changes. Weekday and Saturday services operated by Arriva are not affected;
- 38 Macclesfield – Crewe (Sundayonly change). Small changes to theSunday timetable. Weekday and Saturday services operated by Arriva are not affected; and
- 88 Altrincham – Wilmslow – Knutsford – Macclesfield. This council-subsidised service will now operate via Longridge to replace the 88A, with timing changes made to improve reliability.
All changes will take place from 22 July 2018.
The full list of bus services and upcoming changes can be viewed on the council’s website at: www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/bustimetables