- 78 dogs set new Barking Mad record for Knutsford pet business
- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
Appeal for information following fatal collision in Congleton
Officers are appealing for information from the public following a fatal collision in Congleton.
Shortly before 9pm on Friday 22 June officers were called to reports of a collision on the A54 Bosley Road, Congleton.
On arrival at the scene officers found that a black Porsche Boxster had come off the carriageway and landed on a grass embankment after colliding with the bridge over the Macclesfield Canal.
Sadly the driver of the car, Anthony Hawks (50) from Nantwich, sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene.
Mr Hawks’ family have released the following statement: “We are absolutely devastated by the tragic loss of Anthony; he was a devoted father of four, grandfather of two loving partner and brother of three. He will be sorely missed.”
Enquiries into the circumstances surrounding collision are ongoing and anyone with any information in relation to the incident asked to contact Cheshire Police on 101 quoting IML 101326. Information can also be submitted online at https://cheshire.police.uk/contact/general-enquiries.