- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
- North west law firm partners with Rugby Players Association
- New Spanish business association launches in the North West
Government consultation on the future of probation services
“The announcement by government is a clear indication of their acceptance of the failure of an ill-thought-out and ill-advised programme of privatisation which has increased the risk to public safety and has placed, and will continue to place, unnecessary burden on the public purse and by extension, Cheshire residents.
“I have noted the consultation launched today on the government’s future plans for the service which will have a wider impact on both policing and the wider criminal justice system.
“With the current system having been described as a “mess”, I will be reading the government’s proposals with great interest and will be providing detailed feedback. I would encourage Cheshire residents to do the same.
“The focus must be on ensuring that the sector can manage offenders risk safely and promote and support rehabilitation and reduction in offending, and most importantly, protect the public from harm.”