- Sytner Group to open purpose built service centre in Knutsford
- Apprenticeship event hailed success by MP
- Moto employees in Knutsford help to raise £2m in support of Help for Heroes
- Cheshire & Warrington outline ambition to create world’s first zero carbon industry cluster
- Local Digital Skills Partnership announced for Cheshire and Warrington
Holmes Chapel speeding causes concern
Tim Bird, who owns Cheshire Cat Pubs and Bars group, said that excessive speed was an issue around the Three Greyhounds pub in Holmes Chapel, with the dog-leg junction the pub is sited on a hotspot for accidents and near-misses.
He told the council that the problem seemed to be excessive speed, with the junction located within a national speed limit area. Councillors heard his calls for the 40mph restriction through Lach Dennis to be extended to meet the 50mph area at Cranage.
The council shared Mr Bird’s concerns and will look to work with Cheshire West and Chester Council and Cheshire Police.