- 78 dogs set new Barking Mad record for Knutsford pet business
- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
Crazy cake challenge to support greyhounds rescue
Forever Hounds Trust, a charity that rescues and rehomes greyhounds, lurchers and other sighthounds in the UK, are appealing for members of the public to sign up and get involved in a new fundraising event to help their dogs.
The Crazy Cake Challenge invites supporters to bake cake, sell cake and eat cake – be it a cake stand at work or school or a coffee morning. Local businesses are also encouraged to take part. The challenge part comes in as the charity is seeking 300 bakers to raise £50 each, all funds going directly to the charity’s veterinary costs – the largest and most vital area of their expenditure.
Project Manager for Community Fundraising Development, Anna, says: ‘ We all know everyone loves cake and dogs. Now anyone can help our hounds by holding your own Cake Challenge event – fun and fundraising all rolled into one! However people choose to take part, every penny goes towards dogs in need in the UK and the beauty is that anyone can get involved!’
For more information, please visit www.foreverhoundstrust.org/support-us/crazycakechallenge or email email@example.com. You can also call Anna on 07849 833 102