Knutsford businesses win at Marketing Cheshire’s Annual Award
Knutsford businesses have won a variety of awards at the 14th Marketing Cheshire Annual Tourism Awards.
Hotel of the Year went to Cottons Hotel & Spa and Tourism Experience of the Year was awards to Field to Fork at Tatton Park Farm, both of which are based in Knutsford. The Mere Golf Resort & Spa, also in Knutsford, was highly commended in the Restaurant of the Year category.
The Awards were attended by over 300 guests representing attractions, hotels and businesses across the county at Chester’s Carden Park Hotel. The aim to celebrate excellence and outstanding achievement in Cheshire tourism.
The 2018 winners of Marketing Cheshire’s Annual Awards are:
- Best Tourism Marketing Project of the Year: Storyhouse Royal Visit
- Hotel of the Year: Cottons Hotel & Spa
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year: Anderton Boat Lift
- Restaurant of the Year: Chef’s Table
- Tourism Experience or Event of the Year: Field to Fork, Tatton Park Farm
- Wedding Venue of the Year: Carden Park
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year: Cheshire Falconry
- Team of the Year: The Champagne Bar Team, Mottram Hall
- Boutique Accommodation & Small Hotel of the Year: Oddfellows
- Business Tourism Award: Crewe Hall
- Self-Catering Holiday Provider of the Year: The Hollies Forest Lodges
- Self-Catering Property of the Year: Yew Tree Farm Holidays
- Sustainable Tourism Award: Just So Festival
- Dog Friendly Business of the Year: National Waterways Museum
- Family Friendly Tourism Business of the Year: Russian Style Crepes
- Special Contribution to Tourism Award: Katrina Michel, outgoing CEO of Marketing Cheshire
- Best Tourism Marketing Project of the Year: Highly Commended – Chester Mystery Plays 2018
- Hotel of the Year: Highly Commended – ABode Chester
- Restaurant of the Year: Highly Commended – The Mere Golf Resort & Spa
- Sustainable Tourism Award: Highly Commended – Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre
- Team of the Year: Highly Commended – The Breakfast Team, Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port
- Tourism Experience or Event of the Year: Highly Commended – The Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show
Katrina Michel, out-going Chief Executive of Marketing Cheshire and winner of this year’s Special Contribution to Tourism Award, said: “Cheshire has an extraordinary range of sites, attractions and accommodation that inspire tourists to visit from home and abroad. Importantly it also has world class tourist professionals with the creativity, hardwork and flair to bring it all to life. This winning combination is reflected in seven years of consecutive growth in Cheshire’s tourism industry, which is an enormous achievement.
“I am enormously proud to have worked at the helm of Marketing Cheshire for five years and I know that the county’s tourism will continue to go from strength to strength. There is lots of competition but with money, integrated thinking and the chance to bring to life just a fraction of the creative ideas, I have absolutely no doubt that Cheshire’s tourism is up to this challenge.”
This year the event’s sponsors include headline sponsors, Quality in Tourism as well as individual Award sponsors – PEAR Communications, University of Chester, Prestige, Crofton Print, Hipswing, Zest for Life and Bolesworth Estate.
During the evening, the Awards Ceremony riffed on the theme of ‘Peaky Blinders’ which was filmed in Cheshire – including a fun Peaker Blinders-style casino and a Peaky Blinder lookalike character. Celebrations continued into the night with guests dancing to Cheshire band, Soul Revolver.