- 78 dogs set new Barking Mad record for Knutsford pet business
- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
North West Ambulance Service announces new Chief Executive
Daren Mochrie, currently the Chief Executive of South East Coast Ambulance Service, was appointed following an intensive recruitment process which took place in the summer, involving commissioners, non-executive directors and external representatives.
Daren has worked for the NHS since the age of 17. He has extensive experience of managing ambulance services in both rural and urban settings. Prior to joining South East Coast Ambulance Service Daren was Director of Operations for the Scottish Ambulance Service and the lead for ambulance provision in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. Daren has also held the position of specialist advisor with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), leading four recent CQC inspections of ambulance trusts in England.
NWAS Chair, Wyn Dignan said: “We’re very pleased to be welcoming Daren to the trust, he has a wealth of experience within the NHS, and in particular the ambulance sector, and we look forward to continuing to provide the best care for our patients under Daren’s leadership.”