- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Public transport in Cheshire over Christmas
Wondering what’s happening with public transport this Christmas? Here’s our round up of what services are in operation across Cheshire over the festive period:
Arriva Bus Services
- Christmas Eve: Saturday timetables in operation with many services finishing around 7:30pm
- Christmas Day: No service
- Boxing Day: No service, except a special service on Boxing Day on routes 245/247 between Altrincham and intu Trafford Centre
- New Year’s Eve: Saturday timetables will apply, with many services finishing early at around 7:30pm
- New Year’s Day: No services
- Normal service resumes January 2
Stagecoach Bus Services
- Christmas Eve: Cheshire services running on a Saturday timetable with some amendments and with all services finishing around 8pm hours.
- Christmas Day: No services running
- Boxing Day: Limited timetables will operate on Chester city services 1/1A,5, 8, 16, 51, 53 and X8. A special timetable will run on service 1 Chester to Liverpool
- New Year’s Eve: Cheshire services running on a Saturday timetable with some amendments and with all services finishing around 8pm hours.
- New Year’s Day: No service other than special timetable service on the number 1 Chester to Liverpool
- Normal service resumes
- Train services finish early on Christmas Eve. There are no trains running on Christmas Day or on Boxing Day
- Train services finish early on New Year’s Eve – last train departing Chester for Liverpool at 7:55pm, and departing Ellesmere Port for Liverpool at 8:14pm. Last Chester-bound service departs Moorfields at 7:55pm (rail replacement bus until Birkenhead Central), and last Ellesmere Port-bound service departs Moorfields at 8:10pm (bus until Birkenhead Central)
- On New Year’s Day a Sunday service will run.
- In preparation for the new trains, platform upgrade work will take place at Wirral loop line stations between December 27 and January 2. Rail replacement buses will run between Birkenhead and Liverpool stations.
For more information, check your routes with individual transport companies and plan your route beforehand.