First time regional collaborations for Cheshire and Warrington at MIPIM 2019
First time events with two other regions are among the highlights of an expanded Cheshire and Warrington programme to promote its outstanding economy at the world’s foremost property and investment conference next month.
This is the third year that Cheshire and Warrington has exhibited at MIPIM (Marché International des Professionels d’Immobilier) and 2019 will mark its first cross border collaborations to push investment opportunities in the sub-region and wider North West.
MIPIM takes place in Cannes between 12-15 March and Cheshire and Warrington’s delegation is led by the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), alongside Cheshire West and Chester Council, Cheshire East Council and Warrington Borough Council and supported by a record number of more than 44 private sector organisations.
On Thursday 14th March, Cheshire and Warrington will join business leaders from Lancashire and Wirral to examine how best to regenerate historic maritime communities. Later the same day they will be joined at Cheshire and Warrington’s stand in the Palais des Festivals: P-1. G66, by Liverpool City Region to discuss how together they are building a world class science and technology cluster.
Philip Cox, chief executive of Cheshire and Warrington LEP said: “The depth and the breadth of opportunity in Cheshire in Warrington is truly outstanding and underscored by a world leading science and technology offer, as well as profound expertise in regeneration and a strong track-record in working collaboratively at a regional and national level. In the coming years, collectively, we can make our economy extraordinary and with others cement its importance in helping to rebalance the UK economy.
“We go buoyed by an outstanding economic performance reflected in the second fastest growing economy in the UK as revealed in the most recent ONS figures. Our comprehensive and wide-ranging programme emphatically explains what Cheshire and Warrington is about and what our ambition is and by any measure we are outstanding.”
Martin O’Rourke, commercial director at Birchwood Park of lead sponsor PATRIZIA, said: “There’s great confidence here and it’s important that we and other organisations stand alongside the public sector to promote the extensive range of assets, capabilities and opportunities on offer in Cheshire and Warrington.”
Key Cheshire and Warrington events at MIPIM include:
Tuesday 12th March:
- 0745-0930: Plage Croisette Beach, Boulevard de la Croisette: How Clean Energy is adding value in Real Estate – sponsored by Addleshaw Goddard, chaired by Ged Barlow, chair, Cheshire Energy Hub. Speakers include: Christine Gaskell CBE, chair, Cheshire and Warrington LEP; Mike O’Connor, partner, Addleshaw Goddard; and Andy Pexton, North West Industrial Head, Avison Young.
- 1100: Stand Launch: Outstanding: a Local Industrial Strategy to create a £50bn economy. Speakers include: Christine Gaskell CBE; Philip Cox, CEO, Cheshire and Warrington LEP; Martin O’Rourke, commercial director, PATRIZIA; Chris Roberts, chief development officer, Bruntwood.
- 1200: On stand: The Tatton Estate’s Advanced Manufacturing Hub with Manchester Metropolitan University Speakers include: Tatton Group’s Henry Brooks and Annette McDonald plus video of the University’s academic lead showcasing the incredible technology that will help transform the skills and productivity in the region and beyond.
- 1545: On stand: Homes England: “Urban Living – Unlocking Opportunity.” Speakers include: Danielle Gillespie, GM, Homes England; Steve Park, director of growth, Warrington BC; James Nicholson, MD, Harlex Property; Stephen Gleave, director, Gleave 23; and Henry Brooks, MD, Tatton Group.
Wednesday 13th March:
- 0745-0915: 1390 Avenue du Campon, Le Cannet: Bentley breakfast celebrating 100 years of outstanding advanced manufacturing by the Cheshire-headquartered luxury car company at their showroom.
- 1115: On stand: “The Future is bright, the Future is different and we are shaping it!” in collaboration with the British Property Federation. Speakers include: Louise Nisbet, partner, Knights plc; Isabelle Hease, Head of Research and Analytics, Ellandi; Will Savage, Head of Birmingham, Snapdragon Consulting; Kate Healey, director, Inform PR & Communications; chair is Will Bushby, BPF.
Thursday 14th March:
- 0800-1000: Lancashire Apartment, 45 Boulevard de la Crosiette: Invest West: Regeneration in Historic Maritime Communities, Fleetwood, Wirral and Ellesmere Port. Speakers include: Lisa Harris, director, Place Strategies, Cheshire West and Chester Council; Richard Mawdsley, development director, Peel; Michael Cosser, partner, Brook Carmichael; chaired by Kevin Riley, director at WSP.
- 1115: On stand: Science and Knowledge – How Liverpool and Cheshire are building a world class cluster. Speakers include: Frank McKenna, CEO, Downtown in Business; Colin Sinclair, CEO, Knowledge Quarter Liverpool; John Downes, CEO, Langtree; and Philip Cox, CEO, Cheshire and Warrington LEP.
Cheshire and Warrington’s partners and programme event sponsors are: PATRIZIA; Knights Plc; Tatton Group; Langtree; Peel; Bruntwood; Bentley; ARUP; The British Property Federation; Box Clever Consulting; Pochins; Grosvenor Estate; Addleshaw Goddard LLP; Brock Carmichael; Pegasus; University of Chester/ Thornton Science Park; Homes England and WSP.
The full programme can be found here: http://www.871candwep.co.uk/mipim/
For further information please contact Katrina Michel on 07798 837285.