UPDATE – Flooding in Poynton, Bollington and Wilmslow
Emergency services have confirmed that the localised flooding affecting parts of Cheshire has largely subsided.
The flash flooding caused major issues in the Poynton, Bollington and Wilmslow areas.
The incident affected a number of properties and resulted in a number of roads closures through the local area; thankfully there were no reports of any casualties.
The majority roads have now reopened, although motorists are advised to drive with care as there is still a large amount of surface water in the area.
The following roads remain closed at this time:
· Styal Road, Wilmslow – closed in both directions
· Bonis Hall Lane, Poynton – closed in both directions
· Flash Lane, Astbury – closed in both directions
· Fol Hollow, Congleton – closed in both directions
· Mill Lane, Adlington – closed in both directions
· Moggie Lane, Higher Poynton – closed in both directions due to collapse of the bridge at the junction with Narrow Lane
· Hully Road, Macclesfield – closed in both directions due to flooding between Charter Way and Dover Road
· Skellorn Green Lane, Adlington – closed due to flooding at the junction with Street Lane and Cawley Lane
A number of other minor roads also remain closed and motorists are reminded to abide by all road closure signs.
Officers are also asking motorist who had were forced to abandon their vehicles yesterday to arrange collection as soon as possible.
Clean-up work is expected to be conducted by Cheshire East starting later today, Thursday 1 August, and residents with any issues can call the Cheshire East emergency helpline on 0300 123 5020 or 0300 123 5025.
The emergency refuge centre at Poynton Civic Call has now closed.
Anyone concerned about potential flooding should sign up for free flood warnings on the
Environment Agency’s website, follow them on Twitter @EnvAgencyNW for the latest information or you can call the Flood Line on 0345 988 1188.