EVENT: Family cycle ride celebrating the start of "Bike Week"
To celebrate the start of Bike Week and to launch the new 6 mile cycle route Quarry Bank Mill & Styal Country Park are organising a Bike Event on the 13th and 14th of June. A New 6 mile route around Quarry Bank Mill and Styal Country Park launches on 13th of June
A free map will be given to all cyclists arriving at QBM between 11am and 4pm on the 13th & 14th of June.
You can proceed to do the route by yourself or join one of the guided tours 11am, 1pm & 3pm for a £2 fee and learn more about the Mill and Country Park from a Mill guide/estate warden (CycleKnutsford Vice Chairman). Get there early and book one of the tours as there will be limited numbers or phone Jayne on O1625 445845 to make a booking
We will also be offering everyone regardless of ability or disability a chance to ride part of the route as Wythenshawe Wheelers will have a range of their special bikes available for use on the “Apprentice Lane”
On the Sunday 14th June Edinburgh Bike Cooperative will have a “Bike Doctor” stand in the main car park with the following special features
1) A free chain clean and lube service to anyone who does the ride
2) A goodie bag with a bottle, energy bar and their catalogue for the first 100 that complete the ride on the day
3) A free prize draw to win one of their fabulous rucksacks
– Cyclists teas will be available in the Restaurant in the Mill complex
– Bike parking in the Car Park where the ride tours and registration will take place
– Free entry to the Secret Garden of Quarry Bank Mill House or an Apprentice House Tour for cyclists buying Mill tickets
If you want to make group bookings or more information contact Jayne Gudgeon on 01625 445845
Please support this initiative to make this National Trust property a Cycling friendly venue for our community! Details of cycle routes from Knutsford, relatively traffic free, & of various distances are avaiable please contact Cycleknusford for more information. Click here for the Orbital route around Styal