- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Hospice Garden – A Piece of Cake
As part of the Hospice of the Good Shepherd’s 21st anniversary year the centre of excellence in Backford, Chester decided to enter their own design at the RHS Tatton Show entitled a piece of cake.
They chose rich, chocolaty, luxurious colours in plants such as sambucas nigra, heuchera sugar frosting and chocolate ruffles plus nigrescens black grass. The icing on the cake is represented by soft white daisies sprinkled with anchillea for added height, this is a wonderful contrast to the deep colours within the garden.
Hospice Gardener Sandra Taylor of Taylor Made Gardens put the design together and was overwhelmed at achieving a silver gilt award for the charity that is close to her heart.