- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Time Bandits travel and play the Music Train
The Time Bandits (Helen de Lemos – half long bagpipes, saxophone and recorders, Helen Armstrong – violin and vocals, Ian Jones – melodeon and flute, Jamie Matthews – bouzouki and cittern, Phil Sumner – electric bass) play Anglo-European folk and renaissance dance music for concerts and ceilidhs.
Catch the 19.07 train from Chester or from any station between Chester and Plumley to hear free live music or catch trains from Piccadilly to Plumley. Alight at Plumley station and walk the short distance to the Golden Pheasant pub where there is more great music and real ale and fine food.
There is no charge for the event – just the price of an ordinary train ticket and any food and drink consumed – and a collection is taken for the musicians. At the end of the evening musicians return on the 22.03 train from Plumley to Chester.
More details can be found on the Music Trains section of the Community Rail Partnership website www.midcheshirerail.org.uk where you can sign up for news about events on the Line or contact Michael Ross, music trains organiser on: firstname.lastname@example.org