- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
- North west law firm partners with Rugby Players Association
- New Spanish business association launches in the North West
Bulls Head named Pub of the Year!
A Mobberley pub has been named as the ‘Best Turnaround Pub 2011’ in the North West.
The Bull’s Head in Mill Lane won the title in The Great British Pub Awards. It beat off the challenge of numerous pubs across the region to win the award.
The awards, organised by leading pub industry magazine, the Publican’s Morning Advertiser, are recognised as the Oscars of the pub world. Independent judges visited all the competing pubs to assess them, with The Bull’s Head coming out on top.
The Publican’s Morning Advertiser Editor Paul Charity said: “The award recognises the pub that has demonstrated the best turnaround of business in the past 12 months. The Bull’s Head has done this to great effect and is a worthy winner.”
The pub is run by licensees Shane and Jenny Bushell and will go forward to the Great British Pub Awards final, held at the Hilton Hotel in London’s Park Lane on September 8 and hosted by Rory Bremner.
It will go head to head with seven other regional winners for the UK title ‘Best Turnaround Pub 2011’ and also have the opportunity to compete for the overall title of ‘Great British Pub of the Year.’