- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Fire at Knutsford plastics factory
A fire yesterday caused plastics company Albis to evacuate their Knutsford based factory yesterday afternoon as firefighters from Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service attended the blaze.
Black smoke was seen coming from a chimney at the factory, based on Parkgate industrial estate, with the blaze entinguished within an hour following the Wilmslow and Lymm fire crews arriving around 15 minutes after first being called.
A spokesman from Cheshire Fire & Rescue said: “The fire was in an extractor unit on the ground floor. The whole building has been evacuated. The sprinklers are on in the affected part of the building. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hole reel jet and thermal imaging camera.
A global leader in plastics and compounds, Albis has sites across the world with headquarters in Germany. Their Knutsford factory has been open for almost 50 years and employers over 100 staff. in the local area