- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Nominations open for Cheshire Woman of the Year 2018
The Cheshire Woman of the Year Award is seeking nominations.
The award – which has been in place since 1984 – recognises women from all walks of life who have shown courage, achieved outstanding professional success or have given exceptional service to their local community.
It’s also raised almost £300,000 to help young people across Cheshire and the Wirral.
Chair of the Cheshire Woman Award committee Sylvia Cheater MBE said: “The Cheshire Woman of the Year celebration is a way of paying tribute to all the women across the region who have made a real difference to their communities: many are unsung heroines.“Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors it also raises much needed funds for the NSPCC.
In the current economic climate the need is even greater. All the money raised is used to help children and families in Cheshire and Wirral – including support for ChildLine.”
To receive a nomination, a woman should live, work or have been born in Cheshire and Wirral. For more information visit www.cheshirewomanaward.org.uk Nominations close on Monday, 9 January 2018.