- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Further suspensions at Cheshire East Council
The Chief Operating Officer of Cheshire East Council has been suspended following an investigation.
Peter Bates becomes the third senior member of staff to be suspended, following Chief Executive Mike Suarez and Head of Legal Services Bill Norman, earlier this year.
The chairman of the Cheshire East Council’s investigation and disciplinary committee said: “We would stress that suspension is a neutral act taken in the interests of both the council and the individual.
“It would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this stage.”