- Sytner Group to open purpose built service centre in Knutsford
- Apprenticeship event hailed success by MP
- Moto employees in Knutsford help to raise £2m in support of Help for Heroes
- Cheshire & Warrington outline ambition to create world’s first zero carbon industry cluster
- Local Digital Skills Partnership announced for Cheshire and Warrington
Mobberley pup becomes Hollywood top dog
Having once been called Britain’s loneliest dog, Freya has gone from a shelter to walking the red carpet in the space of a year.
Freya, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, had been in Freshfields Animal Rescue for 6 years, earning her the title of Britain’s Loneliest Dog. While thousands of adopters who visited the centre chose to overlook her due to her epilepsy, when Ray Collins – a Mobberley based professional DJ – heard of Freya’s plight, he immediately chose to take her home.
Another person taken in by her unique story was major movie director Michael Bay, who – mere weeks after Freya’s relocation to her new Cheshire home – cast her for his new film, Transformers: The Last Knight.
Speaking to US-based People magazine, Ray Collins said:
“She goes around all the posh areas. And she’ll come to work with me. Generally she’s just in cars just coming around all day. She’s something else,” he says. “The amount of people who love her around Stockport in the town — we used to live in Stockport before we moved — they all know her.”
Read the full article and learn more about Freya’s journey on People.com here: http://people.com/pets/freya-britains-former-loneliest-dog-revels-in-her-transformers-debut-and-plans-to-do-more-acting/
— Cinergy (@CinergyCinemas) June 22, 2017