- Sytner Group to open purpose built service centre in Knutsford
- Apprenticeship event hailed success by MP
- Moto employees in Knutsford help to raise £2m in support of Help for Heroes
- Cheshire & Warrington outline ambition to create world’s first zero carbon industry cluster
- Local Digital Skills Partnership announced for Cheshire and Warrington
Tribute to John Platt from Tony Garnett, Chairman – Cheshire Agricultural Society.
Tony Garnett, Chairman of Cheshire Agricultural Society, said: “For many years John was recognised as one of Cheshire’s leading dairy farmers but more so for his dedication to the Cheshire Agricultural Society. He was also greatly involved in the Young Farmer’s movement, Reaseheath College, The University of Chester and many other organisations.
“His hard work and perseverance took the Cheshire Show from the brink of extinction in the 1970’s to one of the country’s most prestigious county shows – for which he will always be remembered. It was due to John’s knowledge, experience and enthusiasm which contributed to the excellence of the Show and the stability of the Cheshire Agricultural Society.
“Despite the sad loss of John he will remain an inspiration for all those involved in the Cheshire show and Cheshire Agricultural Society.”