- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
- Fisher German appointments Cheshire non-Executive Director
Poor Bowling hinders Knutsford
Knutsford entertained high flying Offerton hoping to build on last weeks first victory of the season. Skipper Storrow won the toss and bowled on a green Knutsford wicket. Even though Knutsford bowled too short the home side had Offerton at 45 for 4.
Then good batting from Bates (41) and Abli (80) and continured poor bowling from Knutsford enabled them to set a target of 208 off 40 overs. Knutsford started well with the openers Storrow and Horner putting on 42 but Offerton change bowlers of Selby and Fernandes took a couple of wickets and stemmed the run rate so the chase was called of by Knutsford who settled for a draw and a total of 116 for 6.
Another good perfomance with the bat on a green wicket was good news for Knutsford who have avoided defeat in their last two games. Hopefully Knutsford will bowl better next week when they travel to Rylands.