- Manchester Airport support Birmingham Pride with a free US holiday to be won
- Sytner Group to open purpose built service centre in Knutsford
- Apprenticeship event hailed success by MP
- Moto employees in Knutsford help to raise £2m in support of Help for Heroes
- Cheshire & Warrington outline ambition to create world’s first zero carbon industry cluster
All posts tagged "cheshire east"
- Cheshire East invites public to comment on HS2 consultation
Cheshire East Council is nearing the end of its six-week consultation on the type of development that could be seen around Crewe railway station following the arrival of HS2, and is urging the public to have their...
- Posted March 22, 2019
- Over 50 residents from Cheshire East celebrate getting closer to employment
On Friday 1 February 2019, 100 participants and employees from employment support programme, New Leaf, came together at the innovative Jodrell Bank to celebrate their achievements. New Leaf, part of the Building Better Opportunities programme, is funded...
- Posted March 20, 2019
- Cheshire East unveils rural action plan
Cheshire East Council has developed a three-year rural action plan that seeks to highlight the opportunities and issues faced by rural communities and businesses. The plan, which was agreed at a meeting of the cabinet on Tuesday...
- Posted March 18, 2019
- Cheshire East plan to tackle “antisocial” car washes
Councillors hope to take would-be hand car washes to task with strict planning guidelines on issues such as air quality, noise and light pollution, and the drainage of waste water. “There have been a number of these...
- Posted March 6, 2019
- Cheshire East’s population gets older
Cheshire East’s population is increasing and getting older, according to new research. Figures presented to Cheshire East council’s strategic planning board shows the borough’s population has risen from 370,700 in 2011 to 378,800 in 2017, writes Stephen Topping....
- Posted March 4, 2019
- Dial-A-Ride services could be cut in Cheshire East
Cheshire East have begun to discuss the future of the areas dial-a-ride service following budget discussions. The budget will be discussed in full this week at the council’s budget meeting. The Medium Term Financial Strategy includes a...
- Posted February 26, 2019
- Cheshire East could borrow £32 million to contribute to council services
Cheshire East have made a forecast in their Medium Term Financial Strategy that they plan to borrow £32 million to spend on commercial property. This would be used to help fund front-line council services by April 2020...
- Posted February 12, 2019
- Cheshire East parking charges to rise following consultation
Cheshire East Council has approved an increase in parking charges across the borough after making a few amendments to initial proposals. The authority received 296 representations during a three-week consultation between November 28 and December 19. It...
- Posted February 11, 2019
- Council supports Time to Talk Day
Cheshire East Council will be holding a series of Time to Talk sessions for staff as part of a nationwide push to get people talking more openly about mental health for one day. Time to Talk Day...
- Posted February 7, 2019
- Cheshire East starts consultation to tackle parking issues in Wilmslow
Cheshire East Council is launching a consultation to seek views on a range of proposals for improving parking in Wilmslow. The consultation is open for six weeks, with public exhibitions arranged for Wednesday 13 February from 6pm-8pm and...
- Posted February 5, 2019