- Manchester Airport support Birmingham Pride with a free US holiday to be won
- Sytner Group to open purpose built service centre in Knutsford
- Apprenticeship event hailed success by MP
- Moto employees in Knutsford help to raise £2m in support of Help for Heroes
- Cheshire & Warrington outline ambition to create world’s first zero carbon industry cluster
All posts tagged "Community"
- Community awards take place this week in Knutsford
Community volunteers will be recognised at this weeks sixth annual Town Awards. The awards recognise the contributions made to the community of Knutsford – this includes businesses, community organisations and individuals. The Town Meeting and Town Awards...
- Posted March 4, 2019
- Community support for Chelford from David Wilson Homes
Chelford Together have had support from David Wilson Homes to install a third defibrillator in Chelford. Mike Jehan, chairman of Chelford Together said: “Not only did David Wilson Homes help but they paid the full £500 for...
- Posted March 2, 2019
- Support for student from Knutsford Town Council’s Millennium Bursary
19 year old student Lizzie Longmore, from Knutsford, has received a bursary from Knutsford Town Council. The bursary was provided to Lizzie as part of the council’s Millennium Bursary. Lizzie received £530 to support her in the...
- Posted February 13, 2019
- Knutsford volunteers sought
Knutsford residents have been issued with a volunteering challenge for 2019 by Knutsford Town Council. The challenge comes from Knutsford town clerk Adam Keppel-Green, who says volunteers are vital to community groups but are in short supply....
- Posted December 31, 2018
- Nominations open for annual Knutsford Town Awards
The annual Knutsford Town Awards are now open for nominations. Knutsford Town council is seeking for nominations of those in the community who have been exceptional in contributing to Knutsford as a whole. The awards will celebrate...
- Posted December 30, 2018
- Winter Wellbeing – be a good winter neighbour
Cheshire East Council and its partners are offering a range of advice and support to residents on how to keep warm, well and safe this winter. This week, we urge residents to be good winter neighbours. As...
- Posted December 10, 2018
- Cheshire Constabulary’s youngest recruits put their questions to local leaders
Cheshire’s youngest police officers have been given the opportunity to quiz the county’s decision makers on how they can make their community safer. Year 6 children from Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School in Runcorn – who make...
- Posted December 9, 2018
- Cheshire East unveils another four ‘Connected Communities’ centres
Local residents and volunteers came together to celebrate the unveiling of four more Connected Communities centres in Cheshire East. Oakmere Extra Care Housing in Handforth, Goostrey Village Hall, Holmes Chapel Library and Holmes Chapel Community Centre became...
- Posted November 28, 2018
- Building communities – £2m in grants up for grabs
Community groups from seven areas across Cheshire East are set to benefit from a £2m pot of funding over the next two years – thanks to the New Homes Bonus Community Fund. The fund is open to...
- Posted November 19, 2018
- Cheshire East-backed ‘Dragons Den’ awards £88,000 to carers’ groups
A Cheshire East Council-backed ‘Dragons Den’ event has handed out more than £88,000 to local carer organisations. More than 100 local people attended the grant-awarding event, hosted by the Cheshire East Carers’ Hub (26 September), to take...
- Posted October 10, 2018