- Manchester Airport support Birmingham Pride with a free US holiday to be won
- Sytner Group to open purpose built service centre in Knutsford
- Apprenticeship event hailed success by MP
- Moto employees in Knutsford help to raise £2m in support of Help for Heroes
- Cheshire & Warrington outline ambition to create world’s first zero carbon industry cluster
All posts tagged "congleton"
- Cheshire leisure centre plans look set to go ahead
Plans to build a huge job-creating leisure facility in Cheshire look set to be approved next week. The application concerns Congleton Leisure Centre, which has stood since 1973 when the original pool hall was constructed, with the...
- Posted March 8, 2019
- Chef who poured boiling oil over co-worker jailed for nine years
A chef who poured boiling hot oil over a co-worker during an argument has been jailed for nine years. Sihung Hung Hoang, 57, of no fixed abode, was jailed at Chester Crown Court yesterday (Tuesday 5 March) after...
- Posted March 6, 2019
- Tribute to a “treasured” man killed in Congleton collision
The family of a “treasured” man killed in a collision in Congleton have released a moving tribute. George Grocott, 83, from Congleton, was killed on Sunday 17 February after he was hit by a car on Sandbach...
- Posted February 28, 2019
- Police appeal for witnesses to fatal collision in Congleton
Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal road traffic collision on Sunday in Congleton. At 2.44pm on Sunday 17 February police were called to Sandbach Road, Congleton, after a report of a collision between a car...
- Posted February 18, 2019
- Plans submitted for Congleton Leisure Centre
Cheshire East Council has submitted a planning application for major improvements at Congleton Leisure Centre. The plans, which outline how the facilities could look when the work is completed, consist of a new six-lane swimming pool, new learner pool,...
- Posted January 23, 2019
- Motorist jailed for attempting to avoid speeding fine
A man who claimed his car had been cloned as part of an elaborate scheme to avoid a speeding fine has been jailed. Justin Robson, of Hertford Close, Congleton, was sentenced to nine months in prison at...
- Posted December 22, 2018
- Three charged with drugs offences following Congleton drug warrant
Three people have been charged with drugs offences following a raid at an address in Congleton. At 6.48pm on 31 October officers carried out a warrant in Woolston Avenue and arrested two men and a woman. A...
- Posted November 1, 2018
- Appeal after motorcyclist dies following rush hour collision in Macclesfield
Officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward following a fatal collision in Macclesfield. The collision, which involved a HGV and a motorcycle, occurred on the A536 Congleton Road at the Flower Pot crossroads at approximately 7.40am...
- Posted October 25, 2018
- A536 Closed following serious collision in Macclesfield
At approximately 7.40am today, Thursday 25 October, Officers were called to reports of a serious collision between a HGV and a motorcyclist on the A536 in Macclesfield. The collision occurred at the Congleton Road and Ivy Lane...
- Posted October 25, 2018
- Local teenager selected to compete in national 2018 school games
Ruaridh Morgan from Congleton has been selected to be part of the Rowing squad at the 2018 School Games – a national multi-sport event for the UK’s most talented school-age athletes taking place at Loughborough University from 30 August to 2...
- Posted August 24, 2018