- Manchester Airport support Birmingham Pride with a free US holiday to be won
- Sytner Group to open purpose built service centre in Knutsford
- Apprenticeship event hailed success by MP
- Moto employees in Knutsford help to raise £2m in support of Help for Heroes
- Cheshire & Warrington outline ambition to create world’s first zero carbon industry cluster
All posts tagged "health"
- Celebrate National Walking Month with free sessions in Cheshire
May is National Walking Month and Everybody Sport and Recreation is celebrating with a range of free walking sessions across Cheshire East! Walking is a great way to stay active and healthy, socialise and embrace the beautiful...
- Posted April 20, 2018
- Easter egg raffles raise thousands for North West children’s cancer research
North West charity, Friends of Rosie, signed up supporters across Greater Manchester and Cheshire to take part in their annual Easter egg raffle fundraiser, with huge handcrafted eggs provided by master chocolatier, Slattery. With the help of...
- Posted April 14, 2018
- East Cheshire NHS Trust has been rated ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission
East Cheshire NHS Trust has been rated ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) following recent inspections of the trust’s services and leadership. The trust, which runs local community health services along with Macclesfield District General Hospital,...
- Posted April 12, 2018
- Council urges parents to look out for scarlet fever
Cheshire East Council is urging parents to know how to spot the signs of scarlet fever. It follows a rise in cases being seen by doctors across the North West region. The symptoms of scarlet fever are...
- Posted February 24, 2018
- Strong endorsement for East Cheshire’s Maternity Department in national survey
East Cheshire NHS Trust’s Maternity Department has received a strong endorsement from local mums in a major national survey. The department was one of just four nationally which performed ‘better than expected’ across all labour and birth...
- Posted February 9, 2018
- Pollution monitoring equipment set to be installed in Knutsford
Knutsford Town Council are installing pollution monitoring equipment at a number of Knutsford locations. The environment committee have voted to place diffusion tubes at locations in the town known for heavy traffic including Canute Place Roundabout, Brook...
- Posted February 3, 2018
- Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service carry out Safe and Well visits for over 65’s
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service are carrying out health and well-being checks in people’s homes alongside Home Safety Assessments. The visits, aimed at those in Cheshire aged 65 or over, give advice on slips, trips and falls,...
- Posted February 1, 2018
- North West children’s charity Friends of Rose granted £66k
North West charity, Friends of Rosie, reports encouraging results from a research project investigating the use of immunotherapy to treat childhood brain tumours that are resistant to conventional treatment methods. Results obtained so far and the great...
- Posted February 1, 2018
- Free blood pressure and heartbeat screening across Cheshire
Healthy living pharmacies (HLP’s) across Cheshire have started to offer blood pressure and heartbeat screen services to patients. Part of an initiative by the British Heart Foundation, the project aims to achieve a minimum of 5,000 new...
- Posted January 28, 2018
- Cheshire women urged to take up cervical cancer screening
Women in Cheshire are being urged to take part in cervical screening tests as part of a national awareness campaign. Those aged 25 and over are being encouraged to attend their smear test. Dr Achla Damania,...
- Posted January 23, 2018