- 78 dogs set new Barking Mad record for Knutsford pet business
- Cheshire and Warrington launch trail-blazing £2.3m employer pledge programme
- Community champions rise up at the Cheshire Show
- Last call for nominations for Marketing Cheshire’s prestigious Annual Awards 2019
- Roberts Bakery Band makes its debut at Cheshire Show
All posts tagged "motorway"
- Cheshire driving instructors geared up for motorway learners
Driving instructors from south Cheshire have become the latest to benefit from a Highways England initiative designed to boost motorway safety among newly-qualified drivers. Learner drivers accompanied by approved instructors were allowed to drive on motorways for...
- Posted May 8, 2019
- M56 to be closed at nights and weekends for upgrades
Two miles of the M56 will be closed on nights for five weeks and weekends for two weeks whilst works take place. The works are planned to start this Wednesday, 9th January between Junction 3 of the...
- Posted January 6, 2019
- Smart Motorway installation continues on M6
Highways England has pledged to complete upgrades on the M6 between Crewe and Knutsford by spring next year with contractors currently installing 258 electronic signs, 104 traffic sensors and 70 CCTV cameras along the 20-mile route. The...
- Posted December 12, 2018
- Warning to motorists following spate of incidents on motorways
Police are urging motorists to be vigilant following a spate of reports of a man pretending to break down on motorways and then trying to sell jewellery to those he flags down for help. The latest incident...
- Posted May 12, 2018
- M6 lane closure causes traffic delays at Knutsford
A lane closure, caused by a broken down car at roadworks, has caused traffic problems on the M6 southbound between Knutsford and Middlewich. The lane closed is between junctions 19 and 18, and has been impacted further...
- Posted February 12, 2018
- Drive by bins to be installed at the M6 Lymm services
Bins at window height are being installed at the M6 Lymm services next week in an attempt to help keep roads clean. The installation is one of the first in the north west, with 24 more service...
- Posted September 19, 2017
- Chemical spill on M6
A section of the M6 near Knutsford was shut yesterday following a crash between two tankers, spilling 18,000 litres of chemical waste onto the motorway. Fire services attended the scene, with both lanes of the motorway closed,...
- Posted September 9, 2017