- Apprenticeship event hailed success by MP
- Moto employees in Knutsford help to raise £2m in support of Help for Heroes
- Cheshire & Warrington outline ambition to create world’s first zero carbon industry cluster
- Local Digital Skills Partnership announced for Cheshire and Warrington
- Clarke Willmott expands litigation team
All posts tagged "transport"
- Cheshire railway line reopens following work
The railway line between Manchester Piccadilly and Crewe will reopen to trains this weekend after four weekends of work to replace a road bridge over the West Coast main line. Network Rail has safely removed the concrete...
- Posted March 2, 2019
- Dial-A-Ride services could be cut in Cheshire East
Cheshire East have begun to discuss the future of the areas dial-a-ride service following budget discussions. The budget will be discussed in full this week at the council’s budget meeting. The Medium Term Financial Strategy includes a...
- Posted February 26, 2019
- New safety cameras being installed at junctions across Cheshire
New generation safety cameras have been installed at junctions in Cheshire in a bid to reduce the number and severity of collisions in the county. The roadside cameras detect vehicles that go through red lights as well...
- Posted February 8, 2019
- Cheshire East starts consultation to tackle parking issues in Wilmslow
Cheshire East Council is launching a consultation to seek views on a range of proposals for improving parking in Wilmslow. The consultation is open for six weeks, with public exhibitions arranged for Wednesday 13 February from 6pm-8pm and...
- Posted February 5, 2019
- Dualling of A500 moves a step closer
Cheshire East Council has moved a step closer with plans to dual the A500 by obtaining planning permission and identifying a main contractor. The plans, which were agreed at a meeting of the strategic planning board on...
- Posted January 22, 2019
- Public transport in Cheshire over Christmas
Wondering what’s happening with public transport this Christmas? Here’s our round up of what services are in operation across Cheshire over the festive period: Arriva Bus Services Christmas Eve: Saturday timetables in operation with many services finishing...
- Posted December 27, 2018
- Campaign to fund accessibility at Handforth station
Tatton MP Esther McVey has urged Transport Secretary Chris Grayling to support a 20 year local campaign and fund much needed accessibility improvements at Handforth station. Friends of Handforth Station together with Cheshire East Council, Handforth Parish...
- Posted December 3, 2018
- Think about the lives lost on Cheshire’s roads
Over the past year the lives of more than 350 families have been impacted as a result of a collision in Cheshire. 28 families have lost loved ones and 343 people are now living with serious injuries...
- Posted August 9, 2018
- Knutsford drivers asked to park considerately
Cheshire Police are asking motorists in Knutsford to park considerately. Sgt Lynsey Jackson and PCSO Courtney Nancollas have been out on foot patrol in the town this week, issuing parking notices to vehicles causing an obstruction or...
- Posted July 26, 2018
- Council appoints Congleton Link Road contractor
Cheshire East Council has appointed civil engineering company Graham Construction to deliver the Congleton Link Road scheme – which could begin construction later this year. The 5.5km (3.5-mile) road will unlock key sites for housing and employment...
- Posted July 17, 2018