Cheshire East to implement bus service changes
A map of the bus route changes in Knutsford has now been published by Cheshire East Council
In Knutsford, the changes to routes within the town will see:
- The 88 service reduce to an hourly frequency;
- The 300 town service will be withdrawn. A new commercial bus service, the 88A, will start between Knutsford bus station and Wilmslow, which will continue along Thorneyholme Drive, Beech Drive, Manor Park North and Longridge;
- The section of the 300 town service, from the bus station to Lilac Avenue, will be replaced by the 87 service, which will operate twice a day and also go via Tabley Road;
- The 289 service will be withdrawn. The new 89 service will be introduced between Knutsford and Northwich, along the same route. The current 47 service will be expanded to operate between Knutsford and Warrington via Mere, High Legh and Lymm; and
- The 27 service to Macclesfield will become part of the 88 route.
The changes take effect from Sunday 1 April, though, due to the Easter holiday period, the services will operate from Tuesday 3 April.
As well as changes to the subsidised bus services consulted on last summer, operators have also made changes to some of the commercially-operated bus routes across the borough.